21 October 2008

My Prayer for the Day

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God. Amen.

O God, my God, hear me!
Though I am lost and afraid,
Though I am defiled and despised,
Though I am the most unworthy,
Hear Thou me and save me, O my Savior!
In the darkness, my soul calls out to Thee
For even in my sickness it knoweth that Thou art the author of Life;
In my affliction and sorrow, it knoweth that Thou art the wellspring of righteousness.
Disdain me not, nor take Thy grace from me,
Though I have forsaken Thy statues and Thy Way.
Hear me, O Lord, and return me to the narrow path
That leads ever toward Thee,
My only hope, my only refuge, and my only joy.
Strengthen me against the vanities of the earthly world
And keep me ever in Thy holiness.

Through the prayers of Thy Most Pure Mother and of all the Saints, especially of St. Anthony the Great and St. Justinian Emperor of the Romans, have mercy on me and save me, O Christ our God, for Thou art good and lovest mankind. Amen.

No comments: