14 February 2011

Promises

I have not kept up with the blog much at all lately, and for that I am sorry. Several of you have written and asked if I am all right. I must say, I am deeply touched. I had not thought there was much readership here. The things that have gotten in the way are the cares and worries of this life: family problems, relationship problems, work problems, sickness, and death. I have much I want to blog about, and many things have been on and in my mind of late. However, there has simply not been enough time to do this. Pray for me, a sinner. And God repay the kindness and warmth shown by all of you.
Turn us back, O God of our salvation, and turn away Thine anger from us. Wilt Thou be wroth with us unto the ages? Or wilt Thou draw out Thy wrath from generation to generation? O God, Thou wilt turn and quicken us, and Thy people shall be glad in Thee. Show us, O Lord, Thy mercy, and Thy salvation do Thou give unto us. I will hear what the Lord God will speak in me; for He will speak peace to His people and to His saints and to them that turn their heart unto Him. (from Psalm 84, LXX)

2 comments:

Glynn said...

I am very glad to hear you're back.

Anonymous said...

This post is a first-day-of-lent gift to me! So glad to hear your voice again. You remain in my thoughts and weak prayers.